Terms & Conditions
Last updated: Jul 21st, 2018
1. Customers are required to provide warm running water and electricity for works to be carried out.
2. Customers are required to provide access to the property where the work is to be carried out at the time agreed. We allow customers a wait time of 30 minutes to accommodate situations such as school runs or traffic from work. After this time a waiting fee of £25 per hour will be charged.
3. Where possible, we will endeavour to help customers lift and move furniture in order to complete works or clean underneath them, however we are in no way obliged to do so and request customers give us notice of any large heavy items that need moving.
4. Moving of large heavy items which require more than one person will incur an additional charge depending on size and number of items to be moved as we will have to provide an extra person to do so.
5. We use Kärcher Carpet Cleaning machines for all of our carpet cleaning jobs.
6. The soap used is a special Kärcher carpet cleaning powder.
7. We use Dettol disinfectant on all of our cleans to ensure our customers get the highest level of cleanliness.
8. We scrub carpets with a special carpet brush to remove heavy soiling and dirt and use a dirty water extraction system to remove all dirt and water from the carpets.
9. After cleaning, the carpets will feel a little damp to the touch which is normal and carpets will dry within 12-24 hours.
10. While carpets are still wet we advise customers not to walk on them, however if you have to we advise to use white soled foot wear (e.g. white socks or clear plastic bags) nothing coloured or with any dirt on them as it will rub off on the carpets.
End/Pre Tenancy Cleaning
11. Our ‘End/Pre Tenancy’ cleaning packages cover cleaning inside the home.
12. Where possible and safe we will endeavour to clean the outside of all windows.
13. All of our End/Pre Tenancy cleans include full de-grease of ovens, hobs and extractor fans, removal of all limescale around taps, on ceramics and on all glass such as shower doors and cleaning of all white goods such as washing machines, dish washers, toasters, kettles and the inside and outside of all cupboards. We remove dust from all dust gathering areas such as skirting boards, light fittings and above doorways.
14. End/Pre Tenancy cleans include vacuuming/hovering and mopping of floors. We also steam clean tiled floors and vinyls. Professional carpet cleaning is charged separately.
15. Cleaning times can vary depending on property size, degree of cleaning required and number of staff assigned to complete the works.
16. Any cleaning discrepancies or complaints are to be reported within 24 hours of completion of the works carried out. (please see our complaints procedure)
17. Please note that new dust settles within a 12-24-hour period and we will not be held liable to new layers of dust beyond 12 hours after the completion of a clean.
Maintenance & Building Work
18. We ask that clients do not enter building sites due to health and safety unless in the correct protective gear such as a hard hat and steel toe boots.
19. We will not be held liable for any injury incurred to the client and or associates that have entered the site.
20. Please note most building and maintenance work will make a mess such as dust which we are not liable to clean up as part of the maintenance work.
21. All cleaning work required due to building or maintenance works completed will be charged for separately in addition to the building/maintenance work.
22. The full payment is due in advance of all works and is required for works to commence.
23. Payments can be made in cash over the counter at a local Barclays Bank, via online banking or BACS transfer to our business account.
Acc Name: 111 Maintenance Group
Sort Code: 20-45-45
Acc No. 40077232
24. Unfortunately, we do not accept cheques.
25. Card Payments are accepted online via PayPal and carry a 2.5% handling fee.
26. Late or failed payments will incur a £25 charge after 30 days.
27. Payments due for over 30 days will incur a £25 charge per month until the balance is settled.
28. Cancellations are to be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by speaking to a member of our team on 0203 745 7170.
29. Cancellations are to be received no later than 24 hours before the agreed start date. Cancellations received after this time, or where we have attended the works address, will incur a cancellation fee of £40 plus the cost of any non-refundable materials purchased for the job.
Complaints & Refunds
30. All complaints are to be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of completion of all works carried out.
31. Our public liability insurance is provided by Simply Business.
32. We do not give refunds for completed works.
33. Where we find works to be incomplete we will always endeavour to complete them to the best of our ability and to what is reasonably acceptable quality.
34. It is the Director’s sole discretion to offer discounts on works where he finds the quality of our work to be less than reasonably acceptable, though we are in no way obliged to offer a discount on works due to customers not being satisfied with the works.
35. We will not be held liable for time or money lost nor expenses incurred due to delayed works or works not being completed in the estimated time scale set out due to unforeseen building conditions, circumstances, work requirements, additional works, injury, illness or sickness, events, road closures and accidents.
36. We will not be held liable for time or money lost nor expenses incurred due to delays caused by force majeure.